The map launch and development process has inspired some neat press. Here are a few of our favorite stories:
- Los Angeles Times (January 22, 2012), Bicyclists tour Watts on a CicLAvia ride
- KPCC (January 23, 2012), Slideshow: Ride to Watts Towers
- Univision – KMEX34 (June 17, 2012): Prueban un mapa ciclista: Por lo menos 100 deportistas participaron
- LAist (June 15, 2012): How to Explore South L.A. on a Bike
- LAWeekly (June 15, 2012): Naked Bike Ride Be Damned! Cyclists to Take ‘Historic’ Mapping Tour of South L.A. on Sunday
- Intersections SouthLA (January 25, 2012): CicLAvia tours Watts to build crowd-sourced neighborhood map
- LA.StreetsBlog (February 7, 2012): A Ride to the Watts Towers: More than a Ride to the Watts Towers.
- USC Annenberg News (February 8, 2012): Group bike ride to Watts Towers uses USC Annenberg innovation in mapping
- Forbes (April 6, 2012): Rethinking Urban Settings: Riding Bikes And Making Maps
…some stories on our Healthy Food map, Fall 2012-Spring 2013:
- 2013-04-02: Neon Tommy: Mapping South L.A.’s Food Resources by Elizabeth Johnson
- 2013-03-04: LA Streetsblog LA: Do You Know Where to Find Healthy Food in South L.A.? RideSouthLA and CSU Take Riders on a Different Kind of Food Tour
- 2013-03-03: NBC Los Angeles on 6pm news: Group Hopes to Drop South LA’s High Obesity Rate by Michelle Valles
- 2013-02-28: KPCC’s OnCentral: Tour healthy food stops in South LA with weekend bike ride
- 2013-02-28: USC News on “Cycling Toward Health” (echoing a story from USC Annenberg news on our bike parade)
- 2013-02-27: LAist on “New Food Maps Program Aims to Encourage Healthy Lifestyles in South L.A.” by Krista Simmons
- 2013-01–Epicurious on Mapping Healthy Food in an L.A. ‘Desert’ by Joanne Camas
- 2012-09-14: StreetsBlog LA on how the Healthy Food Walk Around USC Neighborhood Unearths Tensions Between the University and the Community — some great critiques!
…and some stories about the map launch in April 2012:
- Inside Annenberg (April 12, 2012): Map to reimagine bicycling in south L.A. released by USC Annenberg and community partnership
- KPCC OnCentral.org (April 13, 2012): Head south cyclists: New biking map leads riders to Watts Towers
- La.StreetsBlog (April 13, 2012): Start Your CicLAvia in South Los Angeles!
- Intersections SouthLA (April 13, 2012): New map takes bicyclists through South LA
- InglewoodLand (April 15, 20120): CicLAvia, a day in the park
Let us know if you hear of more!