Next events in South LA around bicycling and social justice include:
- Saturday, February 22: South Los Angeles Mobility Advisor Council will be held at 2014 at 2830 S Central Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90011 (A Place Called Home) from 10am-12pm. We will be discussing the Draft for City’s Mobility Element and the Central Ave Infrastructure Project. Contact eileen@TrustSouthLA.org for more information.
- Wednesday, February 26: Rail to River Study Briefing Meeting from 4pm-6pm. The meeting will be held at Los Angeles Academy Middle School Multi-purpose room, 644 E 56th. St. Loas Angeles CA 90011. Metro leads the conversation regarding a feasibility study for non-motorized transportation along the Slauson Ave. Corridor.
- Check out the cellphone photos from our recent mapping events, including a planners’ tour of East Side biking and a Downtown Food Walk, both on December 8th. All pictures are published live from the cell phone cameras of the people who came along!
- Regular rides in South LA are growing; we’ll list any we know about. If you know of any we should list, let us know! Also check out the event pages of our local bike clubs like ESR. (And let us know about more clubs we should list here.)
- Sign up to be notified of our next big ride!
- Missed a past ride or event? Visit our events archive. It includes the July 1, 2012 South LA Peace, Love and Family Ride & Fair, hosted by the Real Rydaz; the June 17,2012 Return to the Map ride; the May 26,2012 City Lites ride, and more.
Our blog with recent stories are always below this status post. So far, we have distributed about 2000+ copies of the Watts Ride map.