Next events in South LA around bicycling and social justice include:
- May 17, 2014 Join us for a day of exploration as we help build a map of community assets in some of Central Avenue’s key cultural spaces and local businesses. The event will take place from 10am-2pm. We will meet at the Central Ave Jazz Park on 42nd Pl. and Central Ave.
- Check out the cellphone photos from our recent mapping events, including a planners’ tour of East Side biking and a Downtown Food Walk, both on December 8th. All pictures are published live from the cell phone cameras of the people who came along!
- Regular rides in South LA are growing; we’ll list any we know about. If you know of any we should list, let us know! Also check out the event pages of our local bike clubs like ESR. (And let us know about more clubs we should list here.)
- Sign up to be notified of our next big ride!
- Missed a past ride or event? Visit our events archive. It includes the July 1, 2012 South LA Peace, Love and Family Ride & Fair, hosted by the Real Rydaz; the June 17,2012 Return to the Map ride; the May 26,2012 City Lites ride, and more.
Our blog with recent stories are always below this status post. So far, we have distributed about 2000+ copies of the Watts Ride map.